Noibu is excited to introduce Help Code, a new tool for customer support teams to connect shopper-reported issues to session recordings in Noibu.
While Noibu’s primary audience is developers, it can double as a diagnostic tool for customer support teams, and Help Code makes that process much easier. If a shopper calls in with an issue, the customer support rep should prompt the shopper to type #helpcode at the end of the URL where the issue is occurring.
This generates a short code that identifies the web session. The CS rep can then pass this code along to a developer to find the session recording when it populates in the Noibu console.
To use Help Code to find a session, go to the Session Search, open the menu of filters, and select Help Code. Enter the code provided to pull up the session and investigate the shopper-reported issue. You can also filter the sessions index by multiple help codes by entering a list of codes separated by commas.
The Help Code method is most effective if a shopper reports the issue as it’s happening. Noibu resets the session recording after 31 minutes of inactivity on a website, or after the passage of one day. This means that if a shopper generates a code the day after they experience the error, the code will point to a new session that may not capture the issue.
Adding Help Code to Support Workflows
Help Code will require enabling support teams and updating ticket forms for maximum value. We recommend the following:
- Train Customer Service Representatives to ask for a shopper's help code when logging tickets or reporting issues into your systems
- Update Jira or other ticketing system fields to include the help code number
- Update Intercom/chatbot prompt requirements to ask for a shopper’s help code
- Add optional fields in contact forms on your website for shoppers to enter code.
- Tip: Add instructions on how to generate a help code. For example, “At the end of the URL, add #helpcode and press enter. Copy the number and paste below."