The funnel helps you understand two things:
- How your website traffic progresses from one stage of a purchase journey to another. For example how many users the have added to cart progress to the checkout.
- What are your top priority issues that impact revenue.
We help you understand these two questions with the following two views within the funnel:
1. Funnel Statistics: helps you understand over the last 90, 30, 14, 7, and 1 day, how your traffic progresses at each stage of your funnel:
- On Site: users that have landed on your website.
- Added to Cart: users that have added an item to cart.
- Checkout Started: users that have began the checkout process.
- Place Order: users that have clicked place order.
Funnel statistics also helps you understand how errors impact each stage of your following with these three statistics:
- Leads Lost: how many leads have you lost at that stage of the funnel due to issues on your website.
- Transactions Lost: how many transactions have you lost at that stage of the funnel due to issues on your website.
- Projected Annualized Revenue Loss: how much revenue is available to increase at each stage of the funnel.
2. Issues With Most Revenue Loss: helps you understand over the last 90, 30, 14, 7, and 1 day what are your top revenue impacting issues on your website. This section is split into two sections:
1. Confirmed Revenue Loss: these are issues that appear at the top of the funnel. These issues have their projected annualized revenue loss in red. These issues have been marked user impacting by someone from your team or Noibu. These issues have been verified and you should investigate them further.
2. Uncategorized Issues: these are sorted by revenue and they are still under analysis but have not been marked as user impacting and therefore are not confirmed revenue loss.