Session data from your site is captured by Noibu's collect.js script. The script captures everything a user does in a session, processes that data, and sends it to Noibu's databases.
Why are sessions missing from the Session Search?
Security is top-of-mind for Noibu users. While the NoibuJS script can coexist with most security features, some may interfere with the script's ability to capture session data. Through investigating missing session videos, we've identified several possible culprits:
- iCloud Private Relay. This feature will not block NoibuJS from collecting session data, but it will block the script from tracking IP addresses on Apple devices.
- Security-Forward Browser Extensions. A standard ad blocker–AdBlock, for example–will not block Noibu's script and WebSocket, but extensions that claim to block "tracking" traffic will. These extensions may completely block the "pv_part" WebSocket from opening, or even stop the NoibuJS script from loading. Common examples include:
- Advanced AdBlockers like AdBlock Plus
- Script blockers like uBlock Origin and DuckDuckGo
- Anti-trackers like Privacy Badger and Disconnect
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). Some VPNs block all "tracking" or anything suspected of being "tracking" traffic. There are several popular VPN providers, each with unique security measures and methods, so some VPNs exist peacefully with Noibu while others cause problems.
If you use any of the options above, especially in combination, Noibu will likely be unable to capture session data from your site. Similarly, a user accessing your website may have their own extensions may block session capturing.
Learn more about What Type of Errors Noibu Detects and Cross Referencing Errors Across Multiple Domains.