Noibu has several practices in place to block Personal Identifiable Information–or PII–from appearing in session videos and Stracktrace frames. These practices include, but are not limited to:
- Blocking keystrokes in session videos. Noibu does not collect or store any keystrokes. All text entered is blocked in videos, and is never shared to our backend.
- Automated Text Masking. Noibu automatically replaces text in elements that include PII–including child elements–with anonymized characters, thereby obscuring the text without removing the entire element.
- Automated Text Field Masking. Noibu automatically prevents the capture of information within an editable field. This includes, but is not restricted to, text fields or text areas.
Platform-Specific Information Masking. We constantly invest engineering time into automatically detecting PII and preventing its capture at the client level. One of these investments is a rich list of platform-specific blockers. These blockers prevent the capture of PII in non-editable fields.
Manual Audit for Additional Information Masking. Before monitoring begins, our workforce audits your website to understand where PII might appear. This investigate helps strengthen our PII blocking.
- Monthly Manual Audit of all Information Captured. Websites change, and Noibu constantly monitors blockers to ensure we still block PII collection. Once every month, we do an audit of all information captured to discover new ways to strengthen our blocking.
- Manual Verification: Beyond all built-in blocking strategies, Noibu employs a privacy specialist who manually validates that all CSS classes are being blocked. They also have the ability to add custom CSS class blocking.
Noibu's script can pick up Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in two areas of your website: Checkout and User Account. Learn how to prevent Noibu from collecting PII in these areas through use of a Blocking Element.