In some situations, you might want to send release events to Noibu manually to make the events visible in the Events page. This is possible with a tool like Postman.
Ideally, this method should be for testing purposes only. Release monitoring in Noibu is most effective when automated through the build pipeline.
- Download https://www.postman.com/downloads/
- If you are uncomfortable with the download method, you can also use curl to the same effect.
- Find the Release Webhook URL that you will be using. This URL is specific to the domain where you want to send events, and can be found through the Generic Webhook Process.
- In Postman, change the request type to POST.
- Move to the Body tab under the URL, change to raw, and use this request body, making changes as required. Ultimately, Postman should look the image below.
- Press Send. The event should appear in the Events table in Noibu.
"component":"frontend", //which ever component is being updated
"title":"Release Title", //this can be anything, will not show in the console
"description":"release description", //this is an optional field
"status":"success", //success or failed
"version":"1.10", //Version hash or number related to the release
"release_time":"2023-08-14 16:08:44+02:00" //The date and time of the release