Reviewing session videos is a useful practice when diagnosing an issue. However, a high-impact issue could be associated to 50+ sessions, and not all sessions will include events that showcase the error occurring. When reviewing session videos while triaging an issue, watch 5-10 videos and pin events that highlight the issue. Pinning a session saves the video to the Pinned Sessions tab, which makes it easier to find later.
Furthermore, if your online store is built on a third-party Ecommerce platform like Shopify or HyBris, you can generate a link to Share an Issue with the provider's support team so they can investigate the issue themselves. Through the link, the provider's support team can only view pinned sessions, so be sure to pin any relevant sessions before sharing the link.
- From the Issue Details page, open the Sessions tab.
- Select a session to open the Session View page.
- Click through the session timeline and watch the customer's journey. A given session may have several video clips. Each clip is identified by a button.
- Upon finding a relevant session event, click the button. This opens a modal to pin the event.
- Select an issue ID that could be associated to the event, and enter a descriptive comment in the field provided.
- Click Pin It. You can access pinned session from the Pinned Page Visits tab in the Session View page, or from the Pinned Sessions tab in the Issue Details page.
Learn more about Session Search.